Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Perfect

He was simply perfect.

He satisfied all my requirements
8 years older than me.
Studied overseas.
good job
10/10
That was the verdict given as soon as his family left that evening.
No one liked his parents or sisters. they were snobbish and they even had the audacity to speak a different language among themselves(a language that none of us knew)
My uncle and aunt said
but you are not marrying his family and you will be living overseas. So what if his parents are not the kind of people one would like as in laws?

I should have known then that you can get a guy out of his family, but you can never get the family out of the guy.


There was one more bonus point, he is the only son and would inherit the family mansion, which would be a big plus point!! You have no idea how much the house is worth right now, said the friend of the friend of the friend who brought in the proposal


Was he the one? After listening to all the pros and the cons from all my family members I was convinced perhaps yes he was the one.
The thing is that in essence where everything went wrong.Everyone told me how ideal he was for me, I saw him through their eyes. Not mine.

No one actually asked or bothered to find if we actually had anything in common. If they had done that, they would have certainly not considered this proposal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing is the only way I can tell what I go through.

There is way too much of emotions and it is taking a toll on me..
Much as I love your comments, it is not possible for me to reply..because I am not able to think a reply.
Hopefully you can understand..